There are many common misconceptions about the nature of chiropractic care that deter people from seeking safe, targeted and holistic treatment. Understanding the way that chiropractors approach healthcare, and the types of treatments that they are and are not able to offer, can help you decide if chiropractic treatment is right for you and your healthcare concerns. If you’re experiencing neck pain in Naples, FL, there are a number of chiropractic treatments that may benefit you.
For starters, it’s important to note that chiropractors don’t “crack bones.” Instead, chiropractors “adjust” nerve function and the spinal column to align the body’s central nervous system. Some “adjustment” techniques manually release the joints while others do not. In our office we treat babies as well as 100 year-olds. Many patients prefer and respond to all types of techniques, some very gentle with no “cracking”.
If you’re considering chiropractic care, it’s important to understand the capabilities and limitations that it has to offer. Chiropractic care is a holistic approach to healthcare that focuses on the body’s central nervous system. It relies on a practitioner’s knowledge of the spinal column, and the way that the nervous system impacts other areas of health.
Here are some hard and fast facts to keep in mind before considering whether chiropractic care is right for you:
- Safe and effective: The most important thing to realize about chiropractic care is that it’s safe and effective. Compared with most other medical treatment methodologies,
chiropractic care is non-invasive and drug-free
- Treats a number of conditions: Chiropractic care is capable of being used to treat a number of serious conditions, including impact injuries, scoliosis and neck pain in Naples, FL and so much more. Chiropractors can assist with a number of conditions related to the muscular and skeletal systems.
- No referral necessary: If you want to visit a chiropractor, you don’t have to worry about receiving a referral from your general practitioner. Chiropractors are able to administer safe and effective treatment based on x-rays and other analytical data.
- Appropriate for all ages: Patients of all ages can receive chiropractic care, from infants to senior citizens. Chiropractic care is particularly beneficial for young children and the elderly; it can improve mobility, increase sleep and alleviate discomfort.
- Covered by insurance: Chiropractic care is typically covered by health insurance providers, making it easily attainable for patients of many backgrounds. Be sure to consult with your local chiropractic office to learn more about payment options and insurance coverage.
Since 2001, Hiler Chiropractic & Neurology has been a trusted provider of chiropractic care. We’re capable of treating neck pain in Naples, FL, and we’re proud of our ability to provide our patients with excellent healthcare outcomes. As a board-certified chiropractic neurologist, Dr. Richard Hiler is capable of treating a number of peripheral nervous conditions, including pain, vertigo, dizziness, balance issues and more. Reach out to one of our professional representatives today to learn more about ways that we can assist you with your neck pain and address your chiropractic concerns