Most people think of adults when they think of chiropractic treatment. Back pain is common in adulthood, whether it’s from an injury, car accident or something else entirely. However, children can benefit from chiropractic care as well. Your medical doctor will check your children’s spines during their regular checkups, which can catch scoliosis (curvature of the spine) early. Chiropractic care in Naples, FL can also help parents stay on top of their child’s spinal health.
Chiropractic treatment is as safe and effective for children as it is for adults. While young children are far less likely to suffer from the kind of back and neck pain that adults often have, their spinal health can still benefit from adjustments and check-ups. Here are some of the benefits your child can receive:
- Better sleep: Even kids can suffer from muscle pain and tension. One of the biggest benefits of relieving that tension is that it will improve your child’s ability to relax and go to sleep. They’ll also stay asleep longer, and get better rest overall. As you know, a good night’s sleep is crucial to good performance in school and sports, as well as their general quality of life.
- Treats a number of health concerns: In addition to pain and muscle tension, chiropractic treatment may also help improve the symptoms and root causes of colic, scoliosis, sports injuries, allergies, digestive issues, headaches, asthma and even ADHD, Asperger syndrome and more.
- Better mood and attitude: When you feel good, you’re much less likely to act out—that goes for everyone, especially children. Helping relieve their physical pain and improve their overall comfort will affect every facet of their lives. This generally results in a better mood and attitude.
- Improved immune system: When your child’s nervous system is focused on an injury or strain, it can’t work with the immune system as it normally does. These two systems are intrinsically linked. When the nervous system is out of balance, your child is more vulnerable to bacteria, viruses and other ailments. Treating their back and neck pain will help improve their immune system’s function.
- Drug-free treatment: Finally, your child can get pain relief and adjustments without needing drugs. Few parents want to give their child any medication that’s not absolutely necessary, which is why chiropractic adjustments are so helpful. They’re safe, effective and do not require the use of medications.
Chiropractic care can be performed on infants and children, all the way through adulthood and old age. If your child is complaining of back and neck pain or other ailments, take them to see a children’s chiropractor in Naples, FL. They’ll help address any existing problems, and check to make sure your child’s spine is developing normally through the years.
If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits of chiropractic and neurological treatment for your children, reach out to the team at Hiler Chiropractic & Neurology/ Feel Amazing Institute today. We offer a variety of alternative and holistic treatments to address a wide range of conditions.
Categorised in: Uncategorized