Feeling stressed? You’re not alone. Many Americans are finding that when they’re stressed, their mental and physical health plummets. It’s important to take time for self-care and relaxation so you can face life’s challenges in a healthy way. That’s why ocean float room therapy is becoming so popular in Bonita Springs, FL. Could this be your new favorite form of relaxation? Here’s what to expect when you sign up for a float session.
WHAT IS AN OCEAN FLOAT ROOM?
Ocean float room therapy is just what it sounds like: you’re given the opportunity to float in a darkened room for an hour at a time. The water is filled with Epsom salts, making it incredibly buoyant—you don’t have to do any work to float comfortably. This allows both your body and your mind to deeply relax in a peaceful environment. Many people find it’s so comfortable that they fall asleep.
BENEFITS OF OCEAN FLOAT ROOM THERAPY
Intrigued? Here’s a closer look at some of the benefits of ocean float room therapy in Bonita Springs, FL:
- Relax in a new way: Float rooms offer a unique opportunity to get away from it all. Even if you don’t have any specific muscle or stress problems, you can still benefit from taking an hour away from your responsibilities and obligations. Many people report that the hour passes much faster than they thought it would, and report improved creativity and positivity afterward.
- Improve your sleep patterns: Millions of Americans suffer from insomnia, which can make daily life a lot harder to deal with. A single float room session can improve your sleep for up to 12 weeks. Because floating treats a number of physical and psychological issues, you’ll address your insomnia at the root cause. While it may not be a cure-all, it will certainly help you enjoy deep relaxation and great sleep.
- Recover from strenuous exercise. If you’ve had a particularly strenuous workout, floating in over 1,000 pounds of Epsom salts can help. Floating relaxes your muscles, which reduces the amount of lactic acid within. The less lactic acid your muscles retain, the faster you can get back to the gym. Floating also relieves soreness, which makes it a lot easier to motivate yourself for the next workout.
- Lower your blood pressure: High blood pressure affects millions of Americans each year. Relaxing in a float room instantly reduces your blood pressure, and in turn lowers your risk of a heart attack. You’ll enjoy improved circulation as well as deep muscle relaxation.
- Banish tension headaches: Floating can also address the root cause of tension headaches: problems with your neck and shoulder muscles. Since the saltwater completely supports your body, you’ll be able to deeply relax and unwind. Your muscles will be able to “let go,” and you’ll experience improved flexibility and range of motion afterward.
Ocean float room therapy in Bonita Springs, FL is a fun new way to reduce your stress and enjoy numerous other benefits. If you’re interested in investing in your health, call Hiler Chiropractic & Neurology to schedule a session today.