No matter whether you’ve been going to a chiropractor for years or you’re getting ready to book your first appointment, there are probably a lot of chiropractic facts you didn’t know. Working with a chiropractor in Naples, FL can help treat the root cause of your back, neck and shoulder pain, improve your mobility and function and help you live a healthier life.
Here are some fun facts about chiropractors:
- The NFL loves chiropractors: Did you know that all 32 NFL teams have a chiropractor on staff? These doctors help players maintain mobility, treat musculoskeletal pain and injuries and improve their physical performance. The next time your favorite player hurdles over a linebacker to catch that winning touchdown, you can thank a chiropractor.
- Baby’s first chiropractic appointment: Even babies can benefit from visiting a chiropractor. It’s safe and effective, and can greatly improve their comfort and wellbeing. After all, birth is a pretty difficult experience for them as well as their mothers!
- You can stave off spinal surgery: Studies have shown that if an injured worker visits a chiropractor, they’re 28 times less likely to need spinal surgery. No one wants the pain, suffering and extended recovery time that comes with an invasive surgery—visit a chiropractor as soon as you sustain an injury for best results.
- Root words: The term “chiropractic” comes from two Greek words: “cheir,” which means hand, and “praktos,” which means done. “Chiropractic” literally means “done by hand.” (Remember this for your Jeopardy! audition.)
- A million in one: Every single day, over one million adjustments are performed across the world. That’s a lot of cracking and popping—and even more relief.
- Taking over the world: Chiropractors are recognized and licensed in 49 countries, including all 50 United States. Wherever you go, there’s probably a great chiropractor available to help you.
- Established in 1895: The very first chiropractic adjustment was performed in 1895, when Daniel David Palmer helped a janitor with a spinal adjustment. The janitor, Henry Lillard, had suffered a back injury 17 years prior, which impacted his hearing. After the adjustment, his hearing was restored.
- School days: Doctors of Chiropractic undergo a minimum of 4,200 hours of study. This includes labs, classroom time and clinical internships. Their graduate program takes four years to complete and is equivalent to 175 entire days of study.
- A growing field: There are approximately 100,000 licensed chiropractors actively working, with another 10,000 enrolled in study.
- Save some money: If you’ve experienced a lower back injury, you can save up to 20 percent on your medical bills if you visit a chiropractor first. Why? Chiropractors address the root cause of the problem—misaligned muscles and discs, which can press on nerves—instead of prescribing painkillers or other temporary solutions.
Now that you know these fun facts about chiropractic care in Naples, FL, why not book your next appointment? Get in touch with Hiler Chiropractic & Neurology to learn more about our services, or schedule an appointment today. We look forward to working with you.