I HEAR POPPING AND CLICKING IN MY NECK—IS THIS NORMAL?
Too many people assume that the pops, cracks and clicks they hear in their neck are simply a normal part of the aging process, or an unavoidable part of human existence. Unfortunately, however, pops and cracks in the neck are far from normal. In fact, they’re often symptoms of more serious conditions affecting the spine or central nervous system. The neck is one of the most important components of the body and of the central nervous system; neck pain is a serious problem that should never be overlooked.
Fortunately, it is possible for people to overcome neck pain and tension with the help of qualified chiropractic care. If you’re experiencing neck pain in Naples, FL, you should reach out to a trusted chiropractic professional. Receiving a consultation can help you diagnose the exact source of your neck pain or discomfort, and allow you to seek accurate treatment.
Some amount of cracking is to be expected. If it’s a regular occurrence, however, or if it’s accompanied by the following symptoms, you should consider reaching out for professional
- When cracking is accompanied by pain: If your neck hurts when it pops or cracks, you should seek out care from a chiropractor as soon as possible. Neck pain in Naples, FL is not normal, and often indicates serious peripheral health concerns that you should talk to your doctor about.
- If you feel nausea: Nausea is one of the most certain indicators of potential nervous problems. If your neck is cracking regularly and you’re experiencing nausea, it’s likely an indication that you’re experiencing a potentially serious condition related to spine or nerve damage.
- When cracking is consistent: If there’s consistent cracking, or if your neck emits a popping sound any time you move or turn your head, you’re likely in need of medical attention. While some cracking is acceptable, regular neck cracking could indicate a serious issue
Here are just some of the conditions that neck popping, cracking and pain may be indicative of:
- Muscle strain: If you have poor posture, your neck experiencing popping, cracking and pain could be a direct result of unnecessary muscle strain.
- Crepitus: Crepitus, frequently caused by inflammation, indicates premature cartilage wear. Crepitus is a painful and uncomfortable condition..
Hiler Chiropractic & Neurology is a trusted chiropractic practice treating neck pain in Naples, FL, as well as a full range of other nervous conditions. We’re proud to offer comprehensive, holistic healthcare solutions to each and every one of our patients. You can count on us to treat you with the most cutting-edge chiropractic methodologies and practices available