Suffering from knee pain? Chronic pain in the knees is a common health complaint of many adults. Many people notice that it appears in certain situations, like when they’re walking, jogging or bending. While you might think the problem is general wear and tear, it could be arthritis or an overstrained tendon. It’s impossible to discover the source of your chronic knee pain without the help of a professional. Here’s how you can take a natural chiropractic approach to resolving knee pain without resorting to painkillers.
DON’T RESORT TO TEMPORARY SOLUTIONS
Cortisone shots and prescription drugs are merely temporary solutions to chronic pain, including knee pain. Strong painkillers like opioids often lead to habit-forming addictions. It’s simply not a long-term solution for alleviating any type of pain. Instead, it’s much safer and more effective to rely on chiropractic solutions for solving knee pain.
At the start of the process, your chiropractor will conduct a thorough assessment of your pain and provide you with a diagnosis. There are a number of causes of knee pain, including osteoarthritis, injuries, referred pain and even excessive weight. It takes a keen eye and years of experience to determine exactly what’s going on below the surface, and a chiropractor can accurately pinpoint the source of your pain. Once a diagnosis is established, your chiropractor will suggest a treatment plan to address the root cause of the issue.
THERE ARE VARIOUS CHIROPRACTIC SOLUTIONS THAT MAY WORK IN YOUR CASE
Since there’s no “one-size-fits-all” solution for pain, your chiropractor will develop a targeted treatment plan for your condition. Here are some of the most common treatments for chronic knee pain:
- A misaligned spine can actually be the source of knee pain, since it forms the core of your central nervous system. If your chiropractor determines that your spine may be the cause of your pain, she can perform spinal adjustments to cut pain off at its source.
- Your chiropractor may perform hip and knee manipulation, which mobilizes joints, reduces inflammation and tests range of motion.
- Posture may be the culprit when it comes to chronic knee pain. If this is the case for you, your chiropractor can offer effective solutions to correct your posture and help you distribute your body weight more evenly.
- If the cause of your knee pain is from an injury, physical therapy and rehabilitation can be very useful. Your chiropractor can also suggest targeted exercise and nutritional adjustments to make sure pain goes away and stays away.
- There are other treatment approaches that complement those listed above, including trigger point therapy, myofascial release, regenerative alograft injections, or prolotherapy with Ozone.. These therapies can reduce stress and improve the flow of nutrients to soft tissue in a targeted area.
You don’t have to live with chronic knee pain or resort to temporary solutions like painkillers to get some relief. Contact Hiler Chiropractic & Neurology/ Feel Amazing Institute to learn more about the natural way to treat chronic knee pain and a whole host of other bodily aches and pains. We look forward to helping you!